Monday, January 30, 2012

January 2012

Seems like it was yesterday Jordan and I were campaigning for "America's Favorite Trail Horse" tv series. I can't believe I haven't written in here since Oct. The outcome of our episode www.achta.us episode 4 was not in our favor, however, we did come very close! The lady who beat us was from Ohio, Kathy Degrasse and her blue roan grade mare, "Blue." They did an outstanding trail performance, and it showed Kathy's professional training/showing which she does a great deal of in OH. As in any new experience, you learn from it, I had forgotten how nervous I was in front of the cameras. So perhaps, if we do this again, we will have our "stage fright" removed! The journey to AFTH was incredible in 2011 despite the shoulder surgery afterwards. We campaigned our hooves off, and made new friends along the way. My friends and family were great supporters. It was an honor to be representing Comanche County, (Gustine) TX! One good friend said, Royal King was from our area, so it was great to be acknowledged amongst the great QH himself!

Since Oct. Jordan and I have had some much needed rest. She has been out w/ the broodmares, hanging, being a horse! There are days she will come up and look for a treat, but other than that, we took a long break! I will keep you all posted as to our new adventures. Thank you again for a wonderful opportunity! Melody and Jordan #222

No comments:

Post a Comment